My kids absolutely love this and so do I! We always save a tiny portion to eat with noodles the next day.
I use a half pork belly with half pork shoulder. The belly adds fat and gelatin and the shoulder is tender and meaty and balance out those extra fat - and for the little one that doesn't like the fatty part.
Cut the meat into thick chunks and marinade with thick soy sauce and sugar and five spice and sesame oil - I normally do that in the morning to cook at noon so an hour or two minimum.
Heat the oil and throw in big slices garlic and add the meat before the garlic burns. Add one cinamon stick and one star anise.
Stir and at this point, if you are not using a big wok, the whole thing is full of water and not really frying. So at this point I'd add the sugar, close the pressure cooker lid and let it burn for a few minutes.
Open the lid and add some oyster sauce and more dark soy sauce. Add water and two eggs (I feel it's a waste to boil separately). Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Take the eggs out to peal and half. Return to the pot and immerse in the sauce. The longer it soaks the darker and tastier it will become.
Serve with white steam rice or as noodle base.
Truly cheap, simple yet the most amazing texture and flavour.
I use a half pork belly with half pork shoulder. The belly adds fat and gelatin and the shoulder is tender and meaty and balance out those extra fat - and for the little one that doesn't like the fatty part.
Cut the meat into thick chunks and marinade with thick soy sauce and sugar and five spice and sesame oil - I normally do that in the morning to cook at noon so an hour or two minimum.
Heat the oil and throw in big slices garlic and add the meat before the garlic burns. Add one cinamon stick and one star anise.
Stir and at this point, if you are not using a big wok, the whole thing is full of water and not really frying. So at this point I'd add the sugar, close the pressure cooker lid and let it burn for a few minutes.
Open the lid and add some oyster sauce and more dark soy sauce. Add water and two eggs (I feel it's a waste to boil separately). Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Take the eggs out to peal and half. Return to the pot and immerse in the sauce. The longer it soaks the darker and tastier it will become.
Serve with white steam rice or as noodle base.
Truly cheap, simple yet the most amazing texture and flavour.
Comments
Post a Comment